BFA Theatre, Technical Production
Bachelor of Fine Arts in Theatre, Technical Production
All classes are taught by a distinguished faculty of working, professional technicians and artists.
Study with dedicated professionals in a hands-on learning environment.
Highlights of the program
- Scenic, costume, lighting, props, and sound technology courses with nationally recognized technicians, craftsmen, and designers
- Advanced technology courses with highly experienced specialists
- Extensive production opportunities in all areas for all levels of experience
- Supportive, one-on-one learning environment
Our program is an intensive study in theatrical production with numerous specialized classes. Following the apprenticeship model, students will work on productions in various capacities under the tutelage of their major professors as they hone their skills. We have a large faculty and staff in design and technology and bring in guest artists as well, offering students an expansive learning opportunity.
For More Information
Shane Smith, Technical Director, Associate Professor, firstname.lastname@example.org
To view your curriculum as a Technical Production major, please click here.*
*Please note that all transfer students will be required to be in the program for a minimum of 5 semesters, due to the BFA program requirements.
- Designing Off Broadway
- Assisting New York designers
- Cutter-drapers and Wardrobe Crew on Broadway and Off Broadway
- Radio City Music Hall Christmas show Costume Shop Manager
- Supervisor-Theatrical Maintenance/Safety at SeaWorld San Diego
- Project Managers at Texas Scenic and other production companies
- Film design
Create an application to the university via Apply Texas and list your major as Pre-Theatre. There is no audition or interview required for the BFA Technical Production program.