Live Virtual Callback Options 2021 (updated as of 1/18)
February 6, 7
- 9:00 - 10:00 am - Lobby is open for students to chat with current students
- 10:00 am - 12:00 pm - Individual Auditions, Group A
- 12:00 - 12:30 pm - Group A Ensemble Audition
- 12:30 - 1:30 pm- Lunch Break (Lobby is Closed)
- 1:30 - 3:30 pm - Individual Auditions, Group B
- 3:30 - 4:00 pm - Group B Ensemble Audition
- 4:15 - 5:15 pm - Program Overview/ Q&A (Required)
- 5:15 - 5:45 pm- Dinner Break (Lobby is Closed)
- 5:45 - 7:45 pm - Individual Auditions, Group C
- 7:45 - 8:15 pm - Group C Ensemble Audition
- 8:30 - 9:00 pm - Students only Chat /Q&A (informal session without faculty or parents)
Performance Requirements for Callbacks
You can perform the same monologues you did for your digital audition or choose new pieces.
What should you expect?
The full “callback experience” consists of four parts:
First: we’ll see you individually for 10-15 minutes, and we’ll chat for a bit, and ask you to share a monologue or three.
Second: within a couple of hours of your individual appointment, we’ll see you in small groups for a fun, light-hearted improv-based ensemble audition. You needn’t prepare anything for that part.
Third: we urge you to attend one of our program overview sessions. These information sessions are led by students currently in the BFA program, and they are very fun and informative. Family members are welcome to join for the program overviews.
*The program overview sessions will occur at 4:15pm CST on each of the three Saturdays of the callback weekends. You can attend whichever program overview you like, even if it’s not during the same weekend in which you are auditioning.*
Fourth: we strongly suggest you watch our student-led virtual tour, and some of our other student-created videos, and that you attend one of the informal “students-only” (no faculty or parents) Zoom hangout/chats that will occur in the evenings of callback weekends.