Financial Aid and Scholarship
The Department of Theatre and Dance at Texas State University holds and administers funds that provide scholarships to enrolled individuals including graduate students. To be eligible for scholarship at the graduate level through the Department a student must:
- Be enrolled, or have the intent to enroll in the coming term full time.
- Be a student in good standing. Students in Program Probationary Status are ineligible for Departmental Scholarship Award
- Hold a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher
Scholarships are awarded upon candidate review by the Graduate Committee, Head of Graduate Studies, and Department Chair in the Department of Theatre and Dance. The Department seeks to award degree candidates with scholarship based on the following criteria:
- Prior academic performance and potential
- Prior achievements and involvements akin to the student’s discipline of study
- Aptitude for educational work within the Department’s programs
- Departmental internal needs – why one might get more than other
- Recommendations from instructors and those knowledgeable of the applicant’s capabilities.
For information on available funding opportunities from The Graduate College please visit: https://www.gradcollege.txstate.edu/funding/scholarships.html