Performing Arts Center
Sitting at the intersection of University Drive and Moon Street, the Performing Arts Center serves as the new front door to the campus. Designed by the architectural firm of Morris Architects, the 69,122-square-foot facility features two professional-quality performance venues —the Patti Strickel Harrison Theatre that seats 397 patrons and the Recital Hall that seats 312 patrons.
With instructional space as well as design and production spaces, the Performing Arts Center is well equipped to meet the educational and artistic production needs of our academic units as it serves the broader San Marcos community.
Perf 209A & B
- Dressing rooms for the Patti Stricken Harrison Theatre
- Classroom instructions for make-up design
- Capacity for 20 persons each
- Lighted mirrors
Perf 209C & D
- Dressing rooms for Recital Hall
- Capacity for 12 persons each
- Lighted mirrors
Teaching, Rehearsal & Production Space
- Scene Shop & Paint Shop
- Genie GR-20 & Genie AWP-365
- Miller 140 MIG Welder, Plasma Cutter, Welding Station & Screen
- 326 Additional items including power tools, hand tools and equipment
- Wardrobe & Laundry Room
- 4 Sewing Machines & Tables with inserts
- 4 Ironing table & 2 Gravity Feed Irons
- 2 Stacked Washing Machines & Dryers
- 15 Z-racks, 2 Rolling Carts, Stress Mat Roll & Rolling Ladder
- Acting Classroom
- Movable seating for 35 students
- Mirrored wall
- Basic track lighting
- MFA Design Studio
- Drafting tables for 27 students
- "Smart" classroom technology
- Dance flooring & two mirrored walls
- Basic track lighting & ballet bars
- Movable seating & music stands for 35 students
- Classroom space with "Smart" technology
- Daily & upcoming production rehearsal space
Innovative lighting technology providing new educational and creative opportunities for students, faculty and staff of the College of Fine Arts and Communication. State of the art lighting instruments included LED and automated fixtures making the theatrical lighting capabilities of Texas State University competitive with nationally recognized institutions.
MAC 350 Entour
An LED automated lighting fixture that surpasses what has previously been possible in brightness, efficiency and compactness of comparable fixtures.
Source Four Luster + LD Cyc Light
A seven color LED fixture that provides a bright even, beam of bold and precise hues.
ETC Selador Desire D60 LED Wash Light
A wash light that pairs the brightest LED emitters with the most vibrant color range. No other LED on the market can produce such balanced natural light.