BFA Theatre, All Level Teacher Certification
Bachelor of Fine Arts in Theatre, All Level Teacher Certification
If you are interested in a career as a theatre teacher at the high school, middle school, or elementary level, Texas State University offers one of the most comprehensive Teacher Certification programs available.
Our rigorous curriculum covers every aspect of theatre performance and production, provides a solid foundation in theatre history and analysis, offers a broad exposure to process drama, include thorough coverage of pedagogy and education theory, and feature extensive classroom experience at the high school, middle school, and/or elementary levels.
Texas State University offers BFA Certification majors the unique experience to participate in a wide variety of professional development opportunities that will help cultivate skills necessary as a future theatre educator.
- Opportunity to attend the Texas Educational Theatre Association Theatrefest
- Host the Texas State Theatre Education Conference
- Direct at the Texas State High School Theatre Camp
- Host a Children’s Kiddie Camp
- Community Service Projects
- Attend Master classes and workshops with guest directors and educators