BFA Musical Theatre Program
Professional Training for a Career in Musical Theatre
Comprehensive, Challenging, and Innovative!
A Conservatory Approach with a liberal Arts Education
* Helmed by award-winning Broadway actress/director Kaitlin Hopkins, this innovative pre-professional training program is one of the only musical theatre programs in the country run exclusively by industry professionals
* Our customized approach to artist development eschews the traditional “one size fits all” approach of many university training programs and concentrates on the specific needs of each student accepted into the program
* Our “triple-threat” curriculum is designed to prepare students to work professionally; preparing you for a comprehensive career in the business, not just the musical theater
* All our performance classes are taught by Broadway professionals; providing our students with current, cutting edge training
* Our curriculum is fresh, outside the box, and designed by Broadway professionals to train future Broadway professionals. At the same time, each student gets a solid liberal arts education, which we feel is essential for success in the business today
*All musical theater students audition for, and perform in, main stage productions beginning freshman year in both musicals and plays. We believe that creating as many performance opportunities as possible to apply your training is important.
*We focus on transitioning our students into the industry, including a New York showcase for graduating seniors
* Low tuition and scholarship opportunities-out of state students come for instate tuition
Come define the musical theatre of the future. Come to Texas State!