Fall Semester 2018
AUDITIONS: GENERAL INFORMATION
- General auditions will be held on Friday, August 24th.
- The information and supplies table will be in the lobby.
- The check-in table will be in the Studio.
- The first block for Cabaret begins at 12:00 pm.
- The first block for Generals/Monologues begins at 2:00 pm.
- General auditions/monologues will take place on Mainstage and general auditions for Cabaret will be in room 113. The evening dance calls for Cabaret will be in room 106.
- Sign-up sheets will be posted on the auditions callboard on Monday, August 20th. (Located in the small hallway off of the lobby & leading to the 121 offices)
The audition packets should have:
- the audition form as the top page
- the resume as the second page
- the headshot/photo as the last or back page. (the audition form and headshot should be “back to back”)
- Please bring one additional audition form (no headshot/resume needed) for Stage Management
MATERIALS AND SUBMISSION:
**All audition materials - headshots/photo, resumes/list of experience, and audition forms - must be submitted by Thursday, August 23rd at 5:00 pm.
The general auditions are for five fall shows:
- Mr. Burns: A Post-Electric Play
- BLPC: The Real People Play*, LeRoach's Lament
- Imagine That
- The Crucible*
- How I Learned to Drive*
*Please click the title to view sides and character information.
If you are auditioning for all five shows, please submit 5 audition packets (audition form, headshot, resume) and 1 audition form (for stage management) by Thursday, August 23rd, at 5:00 pm.
If you are auditioning for Cabaret only, please submit 1 audition packet (audition form, headshot, resume) and 1 audition form (for stage management) by Thursday, August 23rd, at 5:00 pm.
If you are auditioning for plays only, please submit 4 audition packets (audition form, headshot, resume) and 1 audition form (for stage management) by Thursday, August 23rd, at 5:00 pm.
Please note: if auditioning for all plays or just one, actors must submit 4 audition packets and 1 audition form.
- All actors must check in 15 minutes prior to their audition block. For example: if your block begins at 6 pm, you must check-in by 5:45 pm.
- Note: if you have a Cabaret audition in the building and are worried about the 15-minute check-in, please let the monitors know that you may be arriving shortly before your monologue slot.
- If you are NOT present 15 minutes prior to your audition block and have not communicated with the audition monitors about needs or delays, you will be placed in the next available block.
- Please slate before you begin your monologue. The timekeeper will begin after you slate.
- You have ONE MINUTE to complete your monologue. At 50 seconds the timekeeper will raise their hand as an alert and at one minute the timekeeper will say “Thank you”.
- Once the monologue is complete, actors will exit Mainstage and can return to the Studio to collect bags/personal items/etc.
- Reminder: **All audition materials - headshots/photo, resumes/list of experience, and audition forms - must be submitted by Thursday, August 23rd at 5:00pm**
If you have any questions, please email Shannon Richey at firstname.lastname@example.org